Know about Automobile pollution effects, sources and also read how can we control pollution. An automobile is a wheeled motor vehicle, used for transportation. You can learn about the sources, effects, and control of this. It was invented by Karl Benz. He was a German Engine designer.
Automobiles are an essential evil, while they’ve made living simple and convenient, they’ve also made human life more complex and vulnerable to both toxicity emissions and a higher risk of accidents. Urban people are affected and among the worst sufferers are traffic policemen who’re especially near the fumes of auto exhaust.
Studies made in Jaipur, India, imply that there is a high rate of incidence of respiratory, respiratory, skin, and bronchial problems among traffic policemen, and a substantial number of them become victims of lung disorders in the first months of their submitting to a traffic division.
The automobile industries are large and very deep sectors. There is a lot of sectors where the design and development process are done. From Automobile industries also a lot of harmful element grows.
Traffic policemen everywhere must wear contamination masks for their security and to excite public awareness of the possible risk of auto pollution. Automobiles include vehicles, trucks, motorbikes, and boats. They leave petroleum, antifreeze, grease, and metals on roads and driveways. They also emit nitrogen along with other contaminants, which settle in water.
Sources of Automobile Pollutants
- Hydrocarbons: A type of burned or partially burned fuel, hydrocarbons are radicals and therefore are a significant contributor to smog, which may be a significant problem in urban areas.
- Carbon monoxide: A product of carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide reduces the capacity of the blood to carry oxygen.
- Nitrogen oxides: Generated when nitrogen in the atmosphere reacts with oxygen in the high temperatures and pressure within the motor.
- Particulate matter: Soot or smoke made up of particles in the micrometric size range.
- Sulfur oxide: A general term for oxides of sulfur, that is emitted from motor vehicles burning gas containing a high concentration of sulfur.
Effect of Automobile Pollutants
- Prolonged exposure to hydrocarbons contributes to asthma, liver disease, and also cancer, overexposure to carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.
- NOₓ is a precursor to smog and also acid rain. NOₓ is a mixture of NO and also NO₂. NO₂ destroys immunity to respiratory infection.
- Particulate matter causes negative health effects, including, but not limited to respiratory disease.
- Oil, petroleum products along with other toxins from automobiles kill fish, plants, aquatic life, and also even people. One quart of petroleum will contaminate thousands of liters of water because it does not dissolve. These toxins as well as trace compounds and degreasing agents used on cars contaminate drinking water and may cause major illness. Many of those toxins and compounds are absorbed in various sea life and also lead to medical problems for individuals when eaten.
- Phosphorus and nitrogen lead to the explosive growth of algae, which depletes the water of oxygen, killing fish and also aquatic life.
Control of Automobile Pollution
- Engine efficiency has been constantly improved with improved engine design.
- Among the very first developed exhaust, emission control systems are secondary air injection.
So this is the overall discussion on Automobile Pollution Effects. Also, we have shared a few sources behind it and the effects of automobile pollution. Lastly, we have discussed how can you control it.